Auto Body and Collision Repair Facts to Know
At Koss Collision Center, we know that getting your car assessed for damage, and repaired after an accident, can be time consuming and difficult. Below we’ve provided a list of things for our customers to know after you’ve been in an accident and need auto body and collision repair in the San Jose area.
- Review and understand your policy. Be aware of your rights and obligations that your insurance contract outlines.
- You have the right to choose the auto body shop in which to repair your vehicle.
- Your insurance company must be allowed ample time to assess the damage of your vehicle.
- You are not required by law to obtain more than one estimate.
- If an agreement cannot be reached between your insurance company and the repair shop, an independent appraiser may be called in to help resolve the conflict.
- Repair estimates may vary. A lower estimate may not include necessary repairs, such as wheel alignments, headlight aiming or color matching. It is your obligation to seek a reliable collision repair center.
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine (OEM) replacement parts.
- Your vehicle is being repaired per your authorization. You are the one who may authorize any repairs on your vehicle.